Begin the application process
Now that you have found your dream home, it is on to the application process. This is the most important aspect of leasing, because you want to get all the necessary information to your agent as soon as possible.
PRO TIP: Sending in a fully completed application packet will speed the application process. Time wasted having to collect missing information may lose your perfect property. It is advised you move quickly to ensure the property you like does not get reserved by someone who got their application in faster than you. The best deals and properties get leased very fast.
Please download the application forms above and e-mail them to your leasing agent (WORK IN PROGRESS).You may also fill out the online application at the very bottom of this page. All applicants must be approved by the Landlord/Management Company.
Required documents to complete the application process:
- Your Application
- Guarantor/Co-Signer Application (if applicable)
- Pet Agreement (if applicable; will be sent for signature by your Agent)
- Resident Qualifying Criteria
- Application Fee (non-refundable; see list above)
- Proof of Income (for you or your Guarantor)
- Copy of your ID (Driver License, Government ID, Passport)
- Application Deposit (refundable; see list above)
Application Deposit: With most properties, the Application Deposit is equal to one month’s rent. Your agent will let you know what the landlord or management company requires. The Application Deposit is required at the time of application will be refunded to you if you are not approved. At the time of signing the Lease Agreement, the Application Deposit, is converted to the Security Deposit and will be fully refundable upon move-out, minus any damages or unpaid rent/fees.
Application/Admin Fees (non-refundable):
- Application fee is $95 per applicant.
- Guarantor fee (if applicable) is $85 per guarantor.
- Administration fee is $75 per applicant.
Proof of Income (POI): All landlords require proof of income from an applicant or an applicant’s guarantor. Acceptable Proof of Income from an applicant or guarantor can be any, but least one, of the following:
- Last 3 pay stubs
- Most recent tax return if still with the same employer
- Last 3 bank statements showing direct deposits of income
- Recent employment letter from new employer with pay offer
Credit and Criminal Background Check: The application authorizes the landlord and the landlord’s agent to obtain both a credit report and a criminal background check related to the applicant or any occupant of the property. These reports help the landlord determine a tenant’s suitability. The applicant’s full name (including a middle initial) is required, as is the city and zip code of applicant’s current address, both of which are required to obtain these reports.
Guarantor Application: A guarantor (or co-signer) is generally required if an applicant does not have a credit score of 640 or greater and an income equal to 2.5 times the total amount of rent of the property being leased. Guarantors are usually parents or other family members willing to take the financial responsibility of the rent in the event that the applicant is unable.
Approved Payment Methods:
- Certified Funds
- Online Payment (your leasing agent can send you an invoice)
- Online Payment through our website’s Make a Payment
- Personal Check/Money Order/Cashier Check: If move-in date is greater than 2 weeks away
- Payments must be brought to the REspace office if not paid online: 2307 Rio Grande St #A, Austin, TX 78705
Note: Application Fee, Application Deposit/First Month’s Rent must each be paid with separate checks.
ReSpace Rental Application
Please fill out all of the information accurately and completely to be considered for a lease.